Level 1 Spreadsheet Software Distance Learning Course
This course is taken remotely in the comfort of your ownhome or in the workplace. Candidates will be able to download study materials, access an online study portal where they can share files including accessing screen-share facilities with a dedicated tutor.
Candidates will learn a range of basic Microsoft Spreadsheet Software tools and techniques to produce appropriate, straightforward or routine documents. It will also further their knowledge and understanding of the package and teach them the digital skills so they can use simple formula such as addition and subtraction, the autosum function, multiplication and division.
You will receive an Academy certificate on completion of this course.
Pre-Requisites: This course is suitable for those who are either self-taught or new to Spreadsheet Software or have attended our Introduction to Word and Excel Course and would like to improve the quality and efficiency of their documents. Users are required to be able to use a keyboard and mouse and comfortable with Windows 10.
Date: This is a roll-on, roll-off course and learners can enrol at any time.
Tuition Time: Can take up to 10 hours to complete and includes up to 4 hours of tutor support.
Full Course Fee £120
Location: Distance Learning
Getting started with Microsoft Excel
· Working safely at your computer
· Introduction to Excel
· Navigating the Excel Screen and Ribbon
· Tips and Tricks for Selection and Movement around the screen
Data Input and Selection
· Cell references
· Typing and Formatting for Text, Dates and Numbers
· Selecting Cells, Rows and Columns using the Mouse and Keyboard shortcuts
· Creating, Saving and Opening Workbooks
· Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, B.O.D.M.A.S.
· Using the Sum, Average, Min, Max, Count Functions
· Displaying formulae
· Understanding and Working with the Function Wizard
Working with Dates
· Formatting Dates
Copying and Moving Data/Formulae
· Using Cut, Copy and Paste
· Drag and Drop
· Adding Rows and Columns
· Sizing Rows and Columns
· Hiding/Unhiding Rows and Columns
· Find and replace
· Margins and paper size
· Working with Fonts, Sizes and Colours
· Adding Borders and Fill Colour to Cells
· Aligning the Content of a Cell
· Applying Number Formatting
· Using the Format Painter
· Using the Format Painter
· Merge and Unmerge Cells
· Changing the column width
· Using Print Preview
· Setting the Print Range
· Sizing Spreadsheets to Fit
· Working with Margins, Headers and Footers and other useful print settings
· Displaying Gridlines, Row and Column headings
Charts and Graphs
· Creating Charts and Graphs alongside data
· Creating Charts and Graphs on a new sheet
· Changing the Chart Types
· Basic Formatting of Charts and Graphs
· Changing Chart scales
· Inserting images