Introduction to the Internet and Email Distance Learning Course
This course is taken remotely in the comfort of your own home or in the workplace. Candidates will be able to download study materials, access an online study portal where they can share files including accessing screen-share facilities with a dedicated tutor.
This course will teach delegates how to use the basics of Internet and Email including: using a browser and search engine, researching and shopping online, send, edit, reply, forward and delete an email.
You will receive an Academy certificate on completion of this course.
Pre-Requisites: This course is suitable if you are new to or know little about computers.
Date: This is a roll-on, roll-off course and learners can enrol at any time.
Tuition Time: Up to 2 hours of online tutor support.
Full Course Fee £50
Location: Distance Learning
Getting started with your computer
• Working safely at your computer
• Starting up and logging off
• Mouse and keyboard skills
• Understanding different types of software
Using the Internet
• Using a search engine
• Opening Internet Explorer
• Using a web address
• Using favourites
Using Google images
• Searching for, copying and downloading images
• Completing a form using different types of data
• Submitting a form
• Filling in forms for directions
• Ordering train tickets
• Use the shopping link on Google
• Search products
• Setting filters
Use Google tools
• Looking at the risks of online fraud
• Send a new email
• Spelling and grammar
• Open an email
• Reply to an email
• Forward an email
• Deleting an email
Managing Email Folders
• Viewing and deleting items in the sent folder
• Viewing and deleting items in the deleted folder
• Viewing and deleting items in your inbox
• Being aware of and understand some online
• Copy text online and paste into an email
Security & Viruses
• Using passwords
• What are viruses?
• Avoiding viruses
• Staying safe
Emoticon and Emoji Icons
• What are Emoticon and Emoji icons?
• Using common internet acronyms